« Back To Blog
12 Ideas for Spring Fun for Seniors
Posted 4/5/2017If you're looking for some fun ways to celebrate spring with grandparents, grandchildren or friends, here are some creative ideas to consider, whether grandparents are in their own home, or in a long-term care community.
- Lemonade Stand - put on a lemonade stand with the grandchildren.
- Spring Tea Party - host a special tea party complete with music, hats, ties, and tea sandwiches
- Baseball opener - go to a local game (can be youth, high school or college) and enjoy the songs, popcorn, peanuts, and treats
- Spring Break - transform a room into Cancun, Hawaii - or somewhere tropical. Have a social with
tropicalflavored punch and break out the Hawiianshirts!
- Spring Ball/Prom - a time to get dressed up and dance. Invite family and friends to join in on the fun
- Plant a garden so multiple generations can grow the vegetables. It could be a
window sillherb garden if space is an issue.
- Visit the farmers market together.
- Go to a nature trail or local park to get the whole family outdoors and enjoying the sounds of nature.
- Go fishing!- take grandpa and grandma on a fishing excursion at a pond, lake, or river. It could be from shore or in a boat!
- Visit a nursery to enjoy the fresh smells of spring greens.
- Go on a picnic- This can even be right outside grandma and grandpa's assisted living building.
- Invest in bird feeder that can be outside of grandma or grandpa's favorite window. Many care settings allow placement of a feeder
outside,if you volunteer to keep it clean and filled.
Grace Lutheran Communities has been helping our friends and neighbors in communities all over the Chippewa Valley since 1960. The non-profit organization specializes in rehabilitation, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, child care, independent living, and adult day services.